Aspiring to be a Professional Dog Trainer:
Yes. That is my goal: to become a professional dog trainer. I want to teach new skills to people and animals so they can be the best they can be, helping each other live life to the fullest. I would like to specialize in the training of service dogs for people with physical disabilities.
I am interested in all aspects of the dog training world: training, behaviour and learning; health and welfare; selection and placement; the active building of a partnership between dog and handler and their community; and professional and public education.
Types of Service Dogs:
- Assistance dogs for people with physical disabilities
- Guide, Seizure Alert, Hearing and Diabetic Alert
- Autism, Psychiatric/Emotional Support
- Police, Canine Assisted Intervention, and Detection
- Therapy and Facility
- SAR and Detection
The list goes on! And it’s fascinating!
The list goes on, again!
- Reaching and maintaining a high level of training and engagement
- Ongoing positive experiences in education and learning
- Community involvement and lasting partnerships
- Safety and professionalism.
And that, my friends is that! 🙂